This oil by Carl Ahrens measures 23 x 33 inches and was painted between 1908 and 1911, likely in Toronto or Leith, Ontario. It originally belonged to General Malcolm S. Mercer and was exhibited in the Public Reference Library (Toronto) in October of 1911. At Mercer's death in 1916, the painting passed to his brother, Frederick. In 1928 it was slated to be auctioned by the Jenkins Galleries of Toronto, but was withdrawn at the last minute. In 1935, Mrs. Frederick Mercer had an exhibition and sale paintings from her late husband's collection, and this one was listed among those. There is no price indicated or confirmation that a sale took place.